12.48.51 PMTutorial: Installing a regular printer in Windows 8
In Windows 8 it has been observed that adding printer, especially network printer is not done automatically due to which, you need to install the printer manually after it gets detected by your Windows 8 version. Here is how to do it:
1. Hover your mouse over the Start button and Click Search. If you are on Windows 8 Consumer Preview or higher, hover over the corner until you see a rectangle then click that to open the Metro screen (which is blue on CP)
2. Click Apps.
3. Search for Computer.
4. Right click on Computer and click on Manage at the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. On the right pane, you would see a list of drivers associated with their categories under your computer name. Right click on your computer name and select add legacy hardware.
6. A new popup window would show. Click Next.
7.Select the 2nd option Install the hardware that I manually select from the list and press Next.
8. Now select the type of hardware you want to add. Select printers and click Next.
9. Choose the type of port and leave everything else unchanged and click Next.
10. Now you can either select the printer from the list by opting for the printer name and its model on left and right panes respectively, or click on the Have Disk button if you have a separate installation disk to install the new printer.
11. After the installation is completed, you would be prompted to share or not share the installed printer. Select Do not share this printer.
12. you would be given a final message of you’ve successfully added XXX XXXX XXXX printer. You can either print a test page or click Finish.” That’s it.
Your printer is now installed and ready to be used. It should show up in the Devices and Printers.
|Total comments: 0|