1.00.56 PMSpeed It Up: How to fix a slow Windows 8 computer?
Slow computer? We’ve got you covered! Let’s fix that damn computer and speed it up!
1. Switch to Desktop Mode by pressing Windows + M simultaneously.
2. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now type regedit and press Enter.
3. Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control panel -> Mouse . Right click on MouseHoverTime and select Modify . Change the value to 50 to 100.
4. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > Current Control Set > Control . Right click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout and select Modify. Set the value near to 100.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now type msconfig and press Enter. Now click on Selective Startup.
2. Now navigate to the Service tab and disable all unnecessary applications to decrease the booting time of your machine. Because it will then require less number of tasks to start the machine .
Disable unwanted Sounds
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now type mmsys.cpl and press Enter .
2.Now go to the Sound tab and disable the sounds you don’t want to be there. You can Disable StartUp Sound to speed up the machine booting.
Disable Unwanted Visual Effects
1. Right-click on Computer , select Properties. Now select Advanced system settings. Now navigate to Advanced tab. Change settings under Performance. Now you can uncheck the features you don’t need or you can leave that to the computer by clicking on Adjust For Best Performance. Remember, this will disable the shadow feature, show icon instead of thumbnails.
If you have a flash drive, i.e., a pen drive, you can use that memory for speeding the machine’s performance. To do this, follow the instructions below.
1. Right-click on the pen drive and select Property. Now you will see a tab with the name ReadyBoost. Open that and you will see 3 options for you namely
In the last option, you can select the amount of memory you want to give the cache.
The amount of memory to reserve differs from system to system
|Total comments: 0|