12.23.12 PMProtection: Denying Access To Windows 8 Folder Using The Permission System
If you want to protect a folder on Windows 8 from other users on the PC, you can use the permission system for that
We all have private files which we would rather not have others see. Some people might also have sensitive or important documents which need to be protected from prying eyes. This naturally demands to get your files and folders encrypted in Windows 8, but by default this option is not present.
Tip: The method below is not an actual encryption method. If you want to do that read this: encrypt a folder using TrueCrypt
You would have to manually spend some time on getting your folders protected. So here is how to protect those sensitive documents.
0. Use the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)
1. Right click on the folder you want to encrypt and/or password protect and click on Properties.
2. In the window that pops up, click on the Security tab. Now click on the Edit button.
3. Another window should have popped up by now, click on the user you want to deny access to. Under the Permissions for users click on all theDeny checkboxes. You can simply click on modify first and all others will be automatically disabled.
4. A pop-up box should appear to confirm the admin rights for making such changes and ask you if you are sure you want to do this. Click on Yes, and that is it, you are done!
|Total comments: 0|