1.07.48 PMHow to disable the open file security warning in Windows 8?
The "open file security warning” can be rather annoying to advanced users, so let’s diable it
But there is nothing to worry about. Windows 8 comes with better security than any other previous versions of windows.
1. First of all it has a built in enhanced antivirus called Windows Defender that always monitor the system.
2. Address space layout randomization (ASLR), which randomly arranges the position of key data areas.
3. Kernel mode security and many more. Search for windows 8 security mechanism for more details.
They can protect harms what are unknown to you. But what if, which you allow knowingly or unaware? IE 10 also comes with enhanced set of security mechanism. Smartscreen Filter monitors phishing URLs, prevents download from non-trusted domain. In windows 8 ,Smartscreen filter is added to the shell, to protect from malware no matter how placed it in the windows. Windows 8 serves IE 10 with a special protection feature called ‘ Enhanced Protected mode ‘ which restrict the access of operating system resources, or simply lock down internet from the OS. In this mode, even cache file, cookie file cannot be placed if it is coming from non-trusted network or domain. And many more.
Why Open-file security warning dialog box is shown :
To protect from piracy and breaching, almost every IT & Software manufacturer’s uses digital signature along with the product served.
This is raised because of Attachment Execution Services(AES).Every program which uses ShellExecute() API, must pass through AES. AES provides a metadata, which indicates from which Internet Explorer Security Zone the file was originally obtained.
How to disable open file security warning
1. open internet explorer and click the gear button to get internet option.
2. A new window will pop up. Click the internet icon to view or modify security settings for internet zone .
3.Then click Custom Levelbutton
4. A new window will pop up with title Security settings – Internet zone. Scroll the window to search for Launching
To Change, Select Enable (not secure) .
5.A warning message will be displayed when you click ‘OK’ to inform that this security settings is harmful for OS, as any macro or file will be executed without checking signature. Click OK, if you are sure.
6 Click Ok until returned to the browser page. Immediately a Pop up message will display. just ignore them.
From now on, Windows Open File Security warning dialogue box will never pop up.
|Total comments: 0|