1.06.03 PMFix a corrupt profile in Windows 8 using this trick (copy old to new profile)
If you want to fix a corrupt or damaged user profile in Windows 8, refer to the tutorial below.
What is a User Profile?
User profile is nothing but a set of customisation of the default settings of the operating system, for each user of that operating system.
Each user profile is secured against profile corruption. But it may be corrupted or damaged while using Windows 8
1. Create a new user account
1. Search Command Prompt by typing cmd in the Windows 8 charm screen (Metro UI).
2. Right click on cmd.exe and click on Run As Administrator.
3. Type "net user username password /add” without quotes.
Copy old files to new profile
1. Navigate to C:\Users\Corrupted_Profile_Name\. The profile name will be the corrupted profile name.
If you can’t see these files, then you have to uncheck Hide protected operating system files from Control Panel>Folder
3. Navigate to C:\Users\New_Profile_Name\.
4. Paste all those files here.
Now you are done. You can now delete the corrupted profile.
|Total comments: 2|