1.09.35 PMConnectivity: Disable network devices and adapters in Windows 8 via Device Manager
In some cases you might have to disable network devices/adapters temporarily. You can use the device manager to do that.
What is network devices (or adapters) and drivers ?
A network adapter interfaces a computer to a network. Modern network adapter hardware exists in several forms.As
Windows operating systems support both wired and wireless network adapters through a piece of software called a "device driver”.
How to disable network adapter ?
There are many methods to accomplish this task,like
But the most simplest, and reliable way is to configure Device Manager . To configure device manager follow the steps:
1. Go to the Control panel .In the Windows 8 charm home screen type "control panel” to search.
2. in the control panel, go to the Device manager. If you do not know where it is, simply type in the
3.Click Device Manager and a pop up window will open , showing every detected devices.
4. Search for the ” Network Adapters” in the list and click the tiny arrow left to it.It will show every network adapters currently installed in the computer.
5. Select the network device you want to disable. In the toolbar there is an icon (shown in the picture) to disable.
6. Clck the disable icon . A confirmation dialog box will pop up. If you want to disable the network adapter click yes.
and you can disable all other types of network adapter using the same way.
|Total comments: 0|