Main » 2012 » March » 23 » Top 10 Tools to Split Large Files
5.07.30 PMTop 10 Tools to Split Large Files
|How to split up large files / zip archives into several smaller ones for an easier distribution or storage on several disks.|
Have your ever wished that you could split a really large video, zip, or MP3 file into smaller files so that you can copy it to multiple CDs or USB sticks? Now that’s it so easy to transfer video onto personal computers, moving these large files between computers can be a real pain. Luckily, there are a few free tools that you can use to split and merge files quickly and easily. So here i'm posting some of the best ways to split large files.
1. GSplit - This application is a free reliable file that lets you split your large files (like Self-Extracting archives, Zip archives, , multimedia, music, video, backup, image, archive, log, large text, document files...) into a set of smaller files called pieces.
2. File Splitter - File Splitter is a which does not require and can be used to split files to multiple chunks as well as to merge multiple chunks into a single file.
3. Rapid Split - Rapid Split is an easy-to-use, wizard-based file splitting with step-by-step assistance in splitting process. It enables you to split files of all types into pieces that can be stored on media such as floppy disk and zip disk.
4. JoneSoft File Splitter - The JoneSoft File Splitter application was designed to help you split files to any size you wish. Restoring is simply a matter of running the restore (BAT) file created when the file is split, or, for total control, you can restore using the File Splitter program. Integrated with to allow even more flexibility.
5. Splitfile - SplitFile's goal is to split (chop) big file in smaller segments to be able to store them in floppy disks or CDs (these are just examples, the target size is fully customizable).
The main feature if compared to other programs like this, is the ability to support very large files( up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 bytes = 8589934591 GB , theoric) and to being configured to performances if used with fast disks ( adjusting the read and write buffer up to 32 times the commonly used value).
6. HJSplit - HJSplit is a popular set of file-splitting programs created by Freebyte.com in collaboration with various programmers. HJSplit supports many platforms. All versions are compatible with each other and allow you to exchange files between these different platforms.
7. MaxSplitter - MaxSplitter is a fast and small program that does merely two things: it can split files and rejoin them!
Its interface is intuitive and requires no in-depth to .
But although it looks simple at first, it features many specialized options to make the splitting as versatile as . MaxSplitter Free Edition is for personal, non-commercial use only.
8. File Splitter Deluxe Software - Split large files (of any type), then easily rejoin without the use of this software. Easily break up large files (no limits, splits any sized file) for copying to floppy or sending via email, as anyone can recreate the original file without having this software. When you split your files, a small software is created in the same folder and can be distributed with your split files, which will allow anyone to recreate the original file, with the original name.
9. KFK is a user friendly file splitter. With it, you can chop large files into smaller chunks. It can help you transferring a large file on floppy disks or a larger file on CD or DVD. Moreover, it allows you to burn the files onto CD/DVD and generate an automatic rebuild file so that KFK is not required to regenerate the original file.
10. Nawras Files Splitter is a free tool helps you split any file into parts in order to make it easier for you when you want to send them over internet or save those files onto CD, Floppy, flash.
There are many others great freeware tools to split larg files, so if you know any other tools that are not on the list i would like to hear your suggestions.
|Total comments: 0|