» Speed up your pendrives file copying speed in WindowsTWEAKS
Speed up your pendrives file copying speed in WindowsTWEAKS
You might have noticed slow copy speeds with some pen drives. Here is a tweak which help in increasing the speed or giving a speed boost to your pendrive.
By enabling this tweak, the write caching option in windows will be enabled.
- Plug in your USB Drive.
- Then Open My Computer> right-click on your USB Drive >click Properties.
- Select your USB drive Under Hardwares and choose Properties.
- You will see a dialog box saying ” Optimize for quick removal”.This option is selected by default.
- Select "Optimize for Performance”option.
- Now, remove USB drive and plug it again.
- Copy some files from the drive to your system or vice-versa. You can notice the speed increase.
After enabling this option in windows, make sure you use the Safely remove hardware option in windows each time you remove the removable drive from windows otherwise you might encounter errors with the pendrive. Though the tweak might not give exceptional speed boost to your usb drive but it will come in handy while copying large files.
Category: Vista and 7 Tips and Tricks! |
Views: 517 |
Added by: Adamsummer
| Rating: 0.0/0|