11.01.52 AMSpeed up Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 Via Registry Tweak
Your Internet Explorer 10 is too slow? Let’s speed up IE10 and make it blazing fast!
In Windows 8 IE 10 is more than just a browser. When a new tab will be opened a start screen with frequently visited websites or pinned websites will be opened.
In case your IE has slowed down you can try the following things.
Steps to speed up IE10
First see how you can open internet explorer.
1. You can open it from desktop by clicking the icon.
2. You can start it using from "run” also. Press window+R. Run window will appear. No write iexplore & click ok.
Now you can try the following things for faster performance
A. Disable Add-ons
Loading a lot of add-ons during startup may cause IE10 to slow down. Disable unnecessary add-ons.
After IE has opened go to Tools->Manage add-ons (in case you can’t see the menu bar press F10)
Now select unnecessary add-ons & disable them.
B. By increasing maximum number of connections per Server
IE 7 and below are bound to maximum 2 connections per server. That means you can download maximum two files from one particular website at a time. IE 8 raised
1. Open registry by writing "regedit” in "run” prompt.
2. Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. Let’s see how to go there :
Click Current Version.
After ,expanding "Current Version you will see a folder "Internet Settings”.
Go to New->DWORD (32-bit) Value
The following screen will appear.
3. Now, edit "New Value #1″ & write MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
4. Double click on newly created entry. Edit screen will appear. Select Decimal & in the Value data box write 10.
That means at a time 10 files can be downloaded from server.
Restart your PC & you will see the effect.
C. Clear temporary files & history
In a long run temporary files get piled up. So it is useful to delete them in some time interval.
1. Go to Tools->Internet options.
2. Click Delete in General tab.
3. Select all (or you can leave some) & Delete.
D. Clean & defrag hard disk
Sometimes defragging your hard disk can optimize the entire systems performance.
Use this tool to optimize your entire system.
E. Use TCP optimizer
TCP optimizer can help you to improve performance of internet browser.