11.00.43 AMMaking It Even Faster: How To Speed Up Windows 8?
Still not fast enough, even though it’s faster than Windows 7? Here are some ways to speed up Windows 8
We always want that our computer must have a satisfactory speed. Whatever operating system is installed in a computer, the operating speed of that Operating System matters a lot. An operating system with a very attractive look but takes long time for opening a folder, running any simple program, copying or moving data, opening a file is not expected by any user. So if you want to increase the access time of your Windows 8, follow the steps carefully.
1. Switch to Desktop Mode by pressing Windows + M simultaneously.
2. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now just type regedit and then press Enter.
3. Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control panel > Mouse . Right click on MouseHoverTime and select Modify . Change the value to 50 to 100.
4. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > Current Control Set > Control . Right click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout and select Modify. Set the value near to 100.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now type msconfig and then press Enter. Now click on Selective Startup.
2. Now navigate to the Service tab and disable all unnecessary applications to decrease the booting time of your machine. Because then it will require less number of tasks to start the machine.
Disable unwanted Sounds
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Now type mmsys.cpl and press Enter .
2.Now go to the Sound tab and disable the sounds you don’t want to be there. You can Disable Startup Sound to speed up the machine booting.
Disable Unwanted Visual Effects
1. Right-click on Computer , select Property. Now select Advanced System property . Now navigate to Performance Settings. Now you can uncheck the features you don’t need or you can leave that to the computer by clicking on Adjust For Best Performance. Remember, this will disable the shadow feature, show icon instead of thumbnails.
If you have a flash drive, i.e., a pen drive, you can use that memory for speeding the machine’s performance. To do this, follow the instructions below.
1. Right-click on the pen drive and select Property. Now you will see a tab named ReadyBoost. Open that and you will see 3 options for you namely
Remember, you can’t give more than 4 GB memory to your cache for using.
|Total comments: 1|