» How to Update Vodafone SMART U8160 with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Custom Firmware
How to Update Vodafone SMART U8160 with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Custom Firmware
Last time we saw on how to root your Huawei U8160 aka Vodafone Smart Android phone and in this article we will be checking out on how you can install with the latest Cyanogen Mod 7.2 custom ROM firmware so that you can make the most of your Android smartphone. The main reason on why we prefer the custom ROM firmwares is because generally the custom ROM firmwares come along with host of added features which are missing in the default or factory firmwares. Please note that in the process of applying this cyanogen mod 7.2 firmware, you will need to root your phone and also the custom recovery image should be installed in your phone.
In the process of this article we will also be discussing about on what are the things you need to do in the form of pre requisites before proceeding to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply the update. Please note that before proceeding, you need to note down the exact firmware you are on currently so that just in case if you wish to revert back to the same, we will help you to move on to the same.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, your PC Suite will no longer support the device as it’s in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use "SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path "Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Vodafone SMART from the path "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware and also the custom recovery image should be installed in your device.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 release is summed up.
Category: Do you know? |
Views: 899 |
Added by: Adamsummer
| Rating: 0.0/0|