Main » 2012 » March » 23 » How to disable "Turn Off Computer" button in XP
5.13.23 PMHow to disable "Turn Off Computer" button in XP
|Easy step by step . to disable "Turn off Computer" button on start menu|
Here i'll show you a tip which is very useful particularly for those users who want to restrict the common users to shutdown public computer in common areas. You can disable the "Turn off Computer" button on the start menu and a common user will not be able to "Turn Off, Restart and Stand By" a computer. Using , you can implement this task in all versions with minimum effort.
1. First of all you need to be logged into your computer with administrative rights to use this feature.
Now Click Start button and type regedit in Run option then Enter for next.
2. Here locate the location to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ \ \ \Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer
3. Here in right side panel, right click to create a new DWORD value with the name NoClose.
4. Now assign number 1 in value data box and close the registry editor.
5. Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
How to Enable "Turn Off Computer" button?
All you have to do is just to change the value of data box to 0 or delete NoClose DWORD item.
|Total comments: 0|