12.25.51 PMCreate a Microsoft Account to log into Windows 8 l
To create a Microsoft Account in Windows 8, refer to the tutorial below.
1. Local Account : The traditional user account that we have used till now with the other versions of windows or any operating system. Local accounts are also subcategorized into three :
2. Microsoft Account : The innovative idea of Microsoft will change your user experience. Microsoft added built in integrity of email integrity, where the user account is the email account itself.
A Microsoft account is an email address and password that you use to sign in to Windows. You can use any email address, but it’s best if you choose the one you already use to communicate with friends and sign in to your favourite websites. You don’t need a Microsoft account to use Windows 8 Consumer Preview, but we highly recommend that you use one.
Why we should we Use it?
A.Associate the most commonly used Windows settings with your user account. Saved settings are available when you sign in to your account on any Windows 8 PC. Your PC will be set up just the way you are used to!
B. Save sign-in credentials for the different apps and websites you use and easily get back into them without having to enter credentials every time.
C.Automatically sign in to apps and services that use Windows Live ID for authentication.
How can I create a Microsoft Account
If you are installing Windows 8, Windows will give you option to create a Microsoft account as a part of installation. But if you are using local account you have to change your account type from control panel.
At the time of Windows 8 installation
If you are using Dial up connection or any internet connection that requires network set up then skip this option and create a local account. Read further how to switch to a Microsoft account from local account. Otherwise, if windows can detect it automatically, go for the help below.
1. After installation and reboot follow proceed for the express settings or custom settings whichever you likes. Next you will be served to choose account type. In the textbox put your email address. Follow the further steps 3& 4 of the further tutorial.
how to switch to a Microsoft account from local account
1. Activate Charm’s bar by windows key+ C . Click Settings . Then Click More Settings in the right corner of the sidebar.
2. Move to the User tab or click the User tab. If you want to create a new user of Microsoft Account Click Add a User . If you want to convert the current account click Switch to a Microsoft Account .
3. Put your email address into the textbox. Be sure internet is connected. If you are using another email address rather than windows ID (like live account, hotmail etc.) you are send to the Account creation wizard. Click Next.
4. Put the password in the password box and follow the instruction to complete Microsoft Account creation wizard.