12.47.14 PMDual-boot: How to add hard drive on Windows 8 using Disk Management tool
If you have plugged in an external drive via USB, you would see that Windows 8 would notice it and ask you for the required action depending upon what you select from Autoron.
However, in the case of Internal Hard drives, you need to manually add it in Windows to initiate it. Due to reduced storage costs and bigger capacities it has become easier than even 2 years back to add more storage space in your system by inserting hard drives. Here are some simple steps to make sure that you initiate the hard drive:
1. on Desktop, Move your mouse over to Start button, and click Search. (On Windows 8 Consumer Preview and higher open Metro and then Search)
2. Click on Apps, and search for Computer.
3. Right click on Computer and you would notice a pop up on the bottom right of the screen. Click Manage.
4. Click Disk Management form the left pane and if you have installed a new HDD, you would be prompted by a message to initiate it with a check on the newly installed HDD. Just click OK.
5. If nothing pops up, it means that either you have not installed HDD correctly or there is a problem with Windows Detection.
You are done
Woila! You are done! Add, delete files, or make partitions, do whatever you want with the newly hard drive so that you can enjoy more storage peacefully.
|Total comments: 0|