12.10.46 PMDon’t format: Instead learn how to fix Windows 8′s MBR (Master Boot Record)
Instead of formatting your PC every time you run into problems, learn how to fix it, e.g. how to fix your MBR in Windows
If you are having problems rebooting Windows 8 and constantly get bombarded with the missing MBR, you need to repair MBR via the installation DVD disc. MBR stands for Master Boot Record, and plats a vital role in safely booting the Windows. MBR keeps a register of every single file that needs to be loaded when Windows boots up. At times, the MBR could get damaged and corrupted. Windows is pretty much prone to viruses and file corruptions if it gets shutdown or restarted improperly.
Forget about reinstalling Windows 8. Think about repairing the MBR to get rid of this problem, and here is how you do it:
1. Insert the Microsoft Windows 8 DVD in the DVD rom and reboot your computer by selecting the 1st bootable device as DVD/CD Rom from the BIOS settings of your system.
2. When Windows boots up, click on the Next button
3. Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom.
4. When Choose an option window pops up, click on Troubleshoot.
5. Now click on the Advanced options in the next Troubleshoot window that pops-up.
6. On the next Advanced options window, click Command prompt.
7. When CMD opens up, type in BOOTREC /FIXMBR command and press enter to fix the MBR.
8. You should see The operation completed successfully. notice, after which you need to restart your system in order for the changes to take effect.
|Total comments: 0|