12.23.56 PM4 Ways To Quickly Disable The Touchpad in Windows 8
If you are annoyed that your cursors jump while you type, you can easily disable the touchpad in Windows 8 and stop that annoying behaviour of the touchpad.
Not only that. While connecting an external Mouse with a laptop, users often want to disable touchpad temporarily.
Disabling touchpad in Windows 8 is quite easy. There are several methods to disable touchpad in windows 8.
Methods to disable touchpad in Windows 8
Method 1: Disabling touchpad using Touchpad Button
In most of the laptops or notebooks there is a special "Touchpad Enable/Disable button” to enable or disable touchpad in a single click. This is the easiest method to disable touchpad. If your laptop does not have such buttons then try other methods.
Method 2: Disabling touchpad while typing
1. Download the file TouchFreeze from here
2. Now, install that program and run the .exe file.
4. After installing "TouchFreeze” you can see the TouchFreeze Icon in the system tray. The "Touch Freeze” will run in Automatic Mode.
TouchFreeze will now automatically disable touchpad while you are typing. Thus erratic cursor movement will not occur anymore.
Method 3: Disabling touchpad from Mouse Property
1. Click on ControlPanel tile.
2. Now click on More Settings option from left side menu.
3. Old Control Panel Window will open. In Old Control Panel Window search for Mouse settings and click on Change Mouse Settings option from the search results.
4. Mouse Properties window will pop up. Now, choose None option from the dropdown list for Left Button, Right Button. Press Apply and then OK to save your settings.
Left and Right button in you touchpad will be disabled. Now you can attach an external mouse to your laptop to perform left or right click operations or to enable your touchpad buttons again.
This method is not so efficient. Following this method you can disable only touchpad buttons but your track pad will be still in active mode.
Method 4: Disabling touchpad using driver software from particular vendor
Laptop manufactures like HP, Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba etc. get their touchpads from third party vendors like Synaptics, Alps etc. So you may download latest drivers and software to disable touchpad either directly from your Laptop manufacture’s site (if manufacturer provides update) or from the third party vendor’s site.
These are the possible methods to disable touchpad in your Windows 8 laptop.
|Total comments: 5|